Sunday, January 31, 2010

since graduation- i've found myself having a lot more free time [imagine that!]. within the past couple months- i've begun to work on some small projects that i have never had the opportunity [or energy] to complete while working on the plethora of school projects. one of which is making jewelry.....something i've always wanted to try since starting a job at the jewel box [a local fashion jewelry + accessory store]. although i haven't stretched my skills past earrings yet- i have really found myself enjoying the art of making jewelry. despite my interests in metal working- i've only been able to work with sterling silver attachments and semi-precious gem stones. here is an example of a pair i made for my mom for christmas....more to come later:

1 comment:

Edgar Cabrera said...

This is great Debbie. I am glad you are working on those projects you always wanted to work on. Why couldn't school let us play a little bit with things we really wanted to do?